Department of Planning Community Workshop Dates
The Department of Planning is coming to town to ask your view on our future. Now is your chance to have your say so please get out in big numbers to the following workshops.
Here are the dates to remember for the various engagement sessions:
- A Business specific Workshop on Tuesday 4th of December at 5.30 - 8pm please get more info and your tickets here Tickets
- Community Workshop on the 5th of December 10am - 12pm Tickets
- Youth Workshop 3.45pm - 5pm Tickets
- Community Workshop 5.15pm - 7.15pm Tickets
- Community Workshop on the 6th of December 10am - 12pm Tickets
We are being given the chance to be part of the Master plan for our town. Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- Analysis on the location of future services including schools, health services and community facilities.
- Setting out a plan to unlock the Lake Jindabyne foreshore, allowing better utilisation of the lake and greater access to the CBD's focal point.
- Assess links and opportunities in surrounding towns and villages including Adaminaby, Berridale and Dalgety.
- Identify sites for future residential and commercial developments.
- Investigate the potential of a bypass, creating better amenity for the CBD. I am sure there are other topics you would like to bring up?
Show your support by attending a session. You can register your attendance and receive newsletters by going on the NSW State Planning website or just turn up. Or, you can write down your thoughts, suggestions and concerns for our town address them to Olivier Kapatenakos and we will make sure they are presented at the workshop.
Also see this from Council and this from NSW Dept of Planning.